This has been an interesting winter. An early snow in November set it off. That was followed by an 8" snow storm and very cold temps, and another snow storm. In the midst of all this a calf was born on New Years Eve night. We discovered the poor little thing New Years morning. It was doing ok though. Another calf was born about a week later. And another one about a week after that. At least the 3rd one was born on a sunny afternoon.
Warm temps and rain melted off most of the snow, but apparently Mother Nature didn't like that so she struck back yesterday with another 4" snow. I cannot build fancy stuff like my son Clinton, but I did build a basic 3 ball snowman to ward off the evil spirits.
Winter - GO AWAY!!!!

First calf born this year on New Year's Day.

This is the third calf.
Isn't he a cute looking guy. Either one. :)
this makes me happy. not the cows (sorry mary) but the fact that you built a snow man. :) Awesome Dave!
ReplyDeleteWell I think the calves are cute! And the two men in the bottom picture are mighty handsome too!
ReplyDeleteYes, i recongize the white guy on the left, but whose the guy on the right?
ReplyDelete"WHAT!!!!!!" Mary says - "Natalie - you don't think my calves are cute????"
ReplyDeleteCome on Uncle Dave! Your slacking and I enjoy reading your witty repertoire about life on the farm. I miss Moab and Brown cows, and peacocks and creek floods. =] I think the calves are very cute!
ReplyDelete