Monday, April 26, 2010

February - March - April - UPDATE

It was a long hard winter here in town - but at least it was tourist free. Finally winter let up and allowed us to get out of the house and back working on the farm - plus other good stuff.

For Christmas I got this nifty wind vane. When the snow finally melted off the roof, I was able to get on top and install the vane. It is topped with a Goldwing motorcycle. I like it.

One of our first farming projects was to extend an irrigation line. Had to hurry up and get this done as this is the end of a long Irrigation Company line and they could not put water into the line until this was done. It went pretty smoothly.

Finally a couple of really nice days were upon us and I had to go for a motorcycle ride. The bike had been sitting unstarted since November. Last winter I was able to ride a little bit every month. Not this winter. For my first trip I rode over to Capital Reef National Park.

I spent a couple hours that morning hiking the Rim Trail to the top. Great views. Great weather. Sore feet. Out of shape.

In April the wife and I headed up to the Salt Lake area for a special event. On the way up we visited daughter Jenny in her new apartment that she recently moved into. She was sick though, but she did manage one smile. Almost done with college this year and only one more semester to graduate.
We also got to see our snake charmer daughter Rindy and husband Shane. We visited her briefly at one of their shows. Now I know why our house always seemed to have an extra assortment of bugs crawling about when she was younger. I think she invited them in.

The big event of the trip was the graduation ceremony for Clinton and Natalie. Both were graduating from Weber State University. We are pretty proud parents. President Monson spoke at the opening ceremony.

Congrats you two. It is quite an accomplishment. Don't they look cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment